Kimchi Fried Rice:
- 1 cup kimchi, cut into thumbnail size pieces
- 150g / 5.3 ounces bacon, cut into thumbnail size pieces
- (optional) 1 pack enoki mushrooms (200g, 7 ounces), root removed, rinse the mushrooms in cold water and drain.
- 3 cups steamed white short/medium grain rice – if it is freshly cooked, leave it out for 5 to 10 mins at room temperature to cool down before cooking.
- 4 x-large eggs, cooked sunny side up or per your preference
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup kimchi juice – this liquid is from the bottom of the kimchi container
- 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil(Ottogi)
- 1/2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 to 2 Tbsp roasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- (optional) 1/2 stalk green onion, thinly sliced
- (optional) roasted seasoned seaweed, shredded
On medium high heat preheat a pan/wok and once heated, add the cooking oil and spread it well with a spatula.
Add the garlic, stir it fast for about 10 seconds. Then add the bacon and stir it well until half of it is cooked.
Add the Kimchi and stir until 80% of it is cooked.
(Optional) Add the mushrooms and mix them well for a few seconds. Reduce the heat to medium-medium low.
Add the rice and the kimchi juice. Mix all of them together well and thoroughly.
Add the sesame oil and mix them well. Remove from the heat.
Serve the Kimchi fried rice on a plate. Garnish with the sesame seeds, green onion and seaweed strips. (Garnish is all optional). Place the cooked egg on top. Enjoy!
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon sweet rice wine
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1/4 zucchini sliced very thinly in half-moons
- 1/2 stalk green onion green part only, cut into 1 1/2" lengths
- 2 tablespoons chopped kimchi plus more for serving
- salt and pepper to taste
In a bowl, beat the eggs together with the mirin.
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with the cooking oil. Add the zucchini, green onion and the chopped kimchi and saute for 2 minutes.
Pour in the egg mixture, season with salt and pepper. Turn the heat to medium and cover skillet. Cook for 2 minutes, or until the egg is nearly set. Fold omelet in half and cook until done. Serve with additional kimchi on the side.